Tender Brief for Administration and Membership Contractor
Tenders are sought for the contract to
undertake the Administration & Membership requirements of Scottish
Scottish Independent Hostels is an Association of 115+ independently run Scottish hostels that has been operating since
1993. The Association has a diverse membership, everything from rural 6-bed
bunkhouses to vibrant city-centre hostels with 100+ beds, each hostel having
unique and varied experiences to promote to our potential visitors.
The main objectives of Scottish
Independent Hostels are to:
- Improve the viability of member hostels and advocate
the ethos of hostelling in Scotland
- Market and promote our individual members, hostelling,
Scotland, and all other relevant subject matters
- Provide opportunities for member hostels to exchange
information, ideas and experiences
- Represent the views of members on any matters of
concern at local and national level
For more information on Scottish
Independent Hostels please visit www.hostel-scotland.co.uk
The contractor will be expected to:
- Deal with member retention and recruitment
- Deal with the day to day enquiries from our members.
- Deal with the day to day enquiries from members of the
public along with any other outside marketing bodies who are looking to work
- Administer invoices and track payment of members using
our integrated website invoicing system.
- Compile listings for our online guide and smartphone
- Quality control of our members hostels through review
sites such as our own, trip advisor etc. Report any hostels falling below par
to the Board.
- Implement and promote a new membership forum.
Somewhere that our members can communicate with each other directly and assist
with any common questions they may have. Once implemented this will require
monitoring and promoting to our members.
- Contact suppliers and organise special deals for our
members such as insurance, utilities, website design discount, amongst others.
Posting these in our newsletters and forum.
- Working with the graphic designer to ensure all of the
member’s listings are correct for the printed leaflet.
- Feedback to the Board with any suggestions from members.
This could involve general suggestions for the association or more specific
improvements to our website or smartphone app.
- Communicating and sharing member’s news, updates,
offers & high quality images on social media in accordance with the social
media marketing strategy and in cooperation with our marketing professional.
- Prepare regular internal newsletters and alerts to the
membership to be sent out through the Content Management System (CMS) as per
director’s request or in accordance with our marketing plan.
- Organise conference calls and Minutes for directors
meeting along with sending out agenda in advance of meetings. On average once
every 2 months.
- Any further administration as per the request of the
- Organise attendees, budget and marketing material for
trade shows and SIH Association meetings.
- Compile a new record keeping system for our members
For the AGM:
- Assist the directors with the organisation of the AGM.
Liaising with the venue, confirming running order and numbers for catering etc.
- Attend the AGM, welcome members and take Minutes
during the sessions.
- Record Minutes from the AGM and send to all directors
- Respond to members emails along with any apologies.
In order to achieve this the contractor
must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational skills in order to fulfill the
administration role along with the membership renewals and invoices.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work
collaboratively with the Marketing Professional, our members, the Board and all
- Examples of work and the methodology used to achieve
results for the organisation
It is essential that the candidate for
this key role within our organisation will have good communication skills and
will be able to work closely with the marketing contractor and our directors.
They will require to have good organisational skills and be able to work with
our website and CMS system. Full training will be provided by our website
designer on the CMS system, however basic computer skills will be required.
The contractor will report directly to
the Board and provide a summary report of work undertaken every two months.
They will also be expected to meet periodically with the Board (via conference
calls) to discuss progress and also attend the AGM.
- This role is suitable for someone who
loves to travel and has a passion for the tourism industry.
- The role is flexible and can be carried
out online, as opposed to being shackled to a desk in an office.
- The hours of work are flexible and the
duties can be carried out alongside another job or other commitments.
- Should you wish, a tour of some of our
hostels to familiarise yourself with independent hostelling and our group’s
diverse range can be organised.
The contract offer value is £15 per hour
based on an average of approximately 20 hours per month. Due to the nature of
the work required it is expected that the hours of work will be spread evenly
throughout the month. This will be reviewed after three months, subject to
performance against mutually agreed key performance indicators (KPIs).
The contract is subject to both parties
reserving the right to terminate the contract with two months’ notice.
To submit tenders and/or for more
information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: 5pm Monday 4th September, 2017