Any independently-owned Scottish hostel, bunkhouse, backpackers, bothy or activity accommodation can join the SIH network, as long as they are either affiliated to VisitScotland Quality Assurance or sign up for our independent review system. An annual membership fee is required based on the number of bed spaces in your hostel. The minimum joining fee is £90.00 for 8 bedspaces and the maximum is £534.00 for 80 bedspaces or more. To view the joining fee for your hostel click here> . For such a small outlay, the marketing benefits are excellent
To find out more, or apply for membership, please email Margaret at email@example.com. Normally you can join pro-rata at any time of the year; the full annual membership is due on October 31st each year.
The benefits of joining the SIH Network
SIH works to help raise awareness of the quality and diversity of Independent Hostel accommodation in Scotland to a wide range of target markets through various marketing initiatives. It also collaborates with other important organisations such as VisitScotland and Independent Hostels UK as well as undertaking initiatives which will benefit the members through strength of numbers. There are also many direct marketing benefits to our hostel members:
- An entry on the SIH website, linked through the A-Z and other pages which you can update independently and which is linked to your own website.
- The SIH website provides a valuable email accommodation search facility direct to hostels
- The opportunity to highlight your business on the special offers, news and other pages on the SIH website
- An entry in the SIH Hostel Guide, updated annually and distributed throughout Scotland
- Direct email newsletter to 3000 subscribers, growing rapidly
- Social networking posts on facebook, twitter etc
- Connecting with like-minded hostel owners to exchange ideas on running hostels and get expert advice on a range of relevant issues. Our members section on the website carries lots of information useful to hostel owners.